When it comes to enjoying cannabis, nothing beats the ease and convenience of disposable vape pens. And with the innovative, high-quality products in the market nowadays (including Cilicon’s range of disposables), you don’t have to compromise your vaping experience. Nevertheless, once in a while, your disposable vape pen just does not working or perform the way you expected it. Worry not, as this article will explain the potential problems with your disposable vape pen and solutions for you to try.
How To Maximize the performance of Disposable Vape Pen and Minimize the Chance of Problems Developing?
- As much as possible, store disposable pens at room temperature or a bit cooler (between 60-80 degrees Fahrenheit) in a dry place away from direct sunlight. Do not leave them in places where the temperature is very cold or very hot, or fluctuates between cold and hot (including your car). Try to keep them upright as having them on the side can induce the formation of air bubbles (more on that below).
- Unless the product is explicitly rechargeable, the battery in many disposable vape pens is turned on the second you take the first draw, and you can’t turn it off. While battery life varies among products, and Cilicon has remained on the cutting edge of longer-lasting, more efficient batteries, you want to be aware of this limitation. This means you simply giving the product a couple of puffs and saving it for later is an inefficient use of disposable vape pens.
- Avoid taking extended draws of your disposable vape pen (or any vape pen) in rapid succession. This can heat the oil to an extent where an excess amount is forced into the airflow chamber. Instead, take shorter puffs to let the oil settle and cool down a little between draws.
- Keep the battery charged: If your disposable vape pen has a rechargeable battery, make sure to keep it charged. This will ensure that you get the most out of your vape pen and prevent it from dying prematurely.
- Use high-quality e-liquid: Using high-quality e-liquid can help prolong the life of your disposable vape pen and prevent clogging and burnt coils. Avoid using low-quality or thick e-liquids, as these can cause issues with the coil and reduce the overall performance of the vape pen.
Refer to : Cartridges Common Problems and Solutions
Why is my disposable vape not working after buying?
1. Disposable Vape Pen not Hitting
Disposable Vape Pen not hitting happens when you try to inhale, whether the light blinks but no vapor is produced or nothing happens at all. There might be several reasons for this: one of the primary reasons could be it is out of cannabis oil or extract. After all, while the average disposable vape contains enough oil for up to 200 puffs, they will run out at some point. Another reason is the battery is dead. Keep in mind that disposables are usually calibrated, so the vape battery lasts slightly longer than the oil, so if the battery is dead, it is likely out of oil as well. It could also be air bubbles in the vape cartridge or general clogging in the mouthpiece blocking airflow in the device. Finally, it is possible that the airflow sensor that detects when you draw is blocked by condensation inside the device.
Solution: Some disposable vape pens have windows to show you how much oil or extract is left—if you can’t see it on the window, it is time to get a new one. Many disposables also have an indicator light to tell you the status of the vape battery. If it blinks or lights up a different color (usually red), the battery is dead. You might be able to squeeze an extra draw or two if you leave the disposable vape alone for several hours, but it is time to get a new one. If airflow blockage seems to be the issue, try tapping or flicking the side of the device (not too hard) to release any air bubbles or using a safety pin or toothpick to check and remove anything unclogging the mouthpiece. Alternatively, try covering one of the pen’s intake vents with your finger while drawing to increase the pressure of the air flowing through the device. This might solve issues with the airflow sensor.
2. Disposable Vape Pen leaking or Gurgling
If your disposable vape pen is leaking or gurgling , there is a big chance you’re drawing in too hard and using too much air pressure. This results in excess oil or extract being sucked into the pen’s chimney or atomizer coil and end up either in your mouth or leaking out of the air intake vent. Alternatively, if devices are stored at high temperatures for an extended time, cartridges can expand and leak. Both possibilities are less than ideal.
Solution: Use less air pressure while drawing (in other words, puff gently) in order to keep the oil where it should be. Also, if your vape pen is pod-based, avoid squeezing the sides of the pod since the flexing of the pod may similarly force liquid into the atomizer coil. Of course, ensure proper storage of disposable vape pens in ideal temperatures above.
3. Disposable Vape Tastes Burnt
If your disposable vape tastes burnt, you might be vaping too fast. Most disposable vape devices don’t have any kind of temperature control. If you keep drawing before the wick has a chance to absorb more cannabis oil, the temperature can get too high, and you can burn the wick.
Solution: Slow down. Give the wick a chance to absorb more cannabis oil or extract. If you think you’re already vaping quite slowly, your vape pen might be almost out of liquids. Put the device down for a few minutes, and you might get a few more draws, but generally, it is time to get a replacement. And as always, prevent overheating by never leaving your vape pen in direct sunlight or the car. In addition, choosing disposable vape pens with the correct coil type can make a big difference. Quartz and wick coils apply heat directly to the cannabis extract, making for rapid heating and burning easily, resulting in losing flavor. Like the one you’d find in Cilicon products, Ceramic cores are less prone to burning and produce the best flavors. Not to mention our latest Reoregin™ ceramic cores promise smarter temperature controls to ensure the smoothest vaping experience for consumers.
So there it is! Hope these tips will help you fix any problems you might encounter and, of course, ensuring that you only purchase high-quality disposable vape pens might prevent them from occurring in the first place.